Sports Latest News Update

Pages

Peterson vs. Khan: Amir Khan fight at home


Much has been said about the fight Amir Khan vs Lamont Peterson this Saturday, Dec. 3 fight for the junior welterweight title will be held in Washington, DC, challenging the hometown of Peterson, which seeks to capture the WBA and IBF title 140 pounds and made ​​a major title as a professional.

Peterson says he feels no added pressure fighting in front of family and friends, or representing a DC boxing fight. Khan has said repeatedly that he feels he will have plenty of fans in the building, even outnumbering Peterson fans (that part is unlikely), and says he is now totally comfortable:

"One thing about me is that I do not mind traveling and into the backyards of the people to fight. I've done it a few times before, and recently I've been fighting a lot outside the United Kingdom.

"For me, a boxing ring is a boxing ring, no matter where you are. I'm going to do there what I have to do. If you look I've made my career in the U.S., not the United Kingdom, in a way that helps me to be away from my home country.

"So no matter where I am going to fight in the ring."

Khan (26-1, 18 KO) is now a huge -1200 favorite with the bookmakers to be monitored, which makes this fight much paresca a mismatch than it really is. Peterson (01/01/29, 15 KO) is a legit fighter who has never been an easy out for anyone. Timothy Bradley lost everything, but he was in the fight all the way, and just a year ago overcame early adversity to grind a 10-round draw against Victor Ortiz.

Whether or not Peterson advantage of fighting at home. This is a legitimate fight for Amir Khan, and is not a party joke.