Sports Latest News Update

Pages

Overeem and Lesnar ready to contest the shot at the heavyweight rod


Las Vegas - was held a conference call with 141 participants from the former champion UFC heavyweight Brock Lesnar UFC, and Strikeforce heavyweight former champion Alistair Overeem, who will meet on Friday December 30th to determine who will fight against champion Junior Dos Santos.

The two fighters will meet at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in an event which this time will be on a Friday and open from 7 pm PT/10 pm ET.

Overeem was asked about his focus for this fight, and very quiet replied: "I tried to stay focused on the fight, relaxing, although I have now a situation with my mother, but I'm ready." This is because her mother knew she was sick last week so had to attend this family affair.

For his part Lesnar said he has trained hard and is motivated by his return. "It's a sport that you must always evolve to be on top. I can not wait to return to the Octagon, "and said ready after 14 months of absence after the last time he entered the Octagon:" I'm competitive and there is electricity in the air, I'm happy. " Also on recovery and had to undergo surgery, said: "There is nothing easy about it. But we all want to be healthy, it feels good to be healthy. Looking back of course you think I could have done some things different about the surgery. But you have to live with your decisions. "

This being the debut of Alistair Overeem in the UFC was questioned about the extra pressure that might mean, but said: "The bigger the fight, and more media attention and more people see it, and I have better performance best for me. Sure, there is pressure to be the first fight in the UFC, but normal. "

Overeem was adamant in his statement on the outcome of the fight: "We are aggressive, we want to end a fight, I see that we get beyond the first or second round," what Lesnar agreed: "I feel like this is a heavyweight bout. Both want to end the fight. I do not think we get to the five rounds. "

Lesnar, considered the underdog for this fight said about it: "I do not mind being favorite or not, at the end of the day it was resolved to go in there. It is the beauty of this sport. My intention is to win and secure Alistair also. " While Overeem said: "I am a complete fighter. I have wrestling and Jiu Jitsu, but I prefer a KO on a submission, always prefer to believe that anyone ".