Sports Latest News Update

Pages

'I'll let history decide my place in boxing': Pacquiao


I was always a good boy, even when I started in this business of boxing. Never had a fight at school or in the streets and not me. Now that I'ma father, I know the importance of teaching by example. What matters most in house Pacquiao is the church, family, education, and give those in need. It's what I put effort every day. I became a professional boxer because I love this sport, I love competing and I found a way to earn good money for my family. When I win, my new goal was to be world champion, for the same reasons and some personal pride. In every fight I try to give my best. After I beat Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera, Juan Manuel Marquez, David Diaz, and won five titles in different divisions, I was very proud of the feat. But after going up to welterweight and beat Oscar de la Hoya, who was my idol, really understood what he had achieved. Not for me to say where I am or where I will be in the history of boxing, I'll let the fans and historians to decide. I'm personally very proud of my record and the men with whom I competed and won in the ring. What I mean is the most important thing for me is not being considered the best fighter, but a man who represented his country and his people as something positive, who took pride and love of millions around the world in every fight. It is an honor.