Sports Latest News Update

Pages

'I'm more boxer public servant': Manny Pacquiao


Boxing has always been my passion, I consider public service my vocation. For both respect and feel a great responsibility to my people. I have the fortune to have gained some fame through my achievements in the ring as world champion boxer and I have managed to grow the international prestige of my country, but more importantly I have achieved draw attention to many needs that exist in the Philippines. I was able to give voice to those who are not heard. There is a difference between being a professional boxer and congressman. As a fighter I have total individual control to achieve my goals: train hard, do my homework and fought the best of my abilities with a single obstacle: My rival.

As a congressman, the path must be slow and measured by the nature of government. We must design a debate with the hope of finding the best solution to the problems of the nation and the provinces that represent, requires patience and cooperation. Compromise is often the bridge to find the solutions, forces you to consider the pros and cons of the problems. The immediacy of the action in boxing contrasts with the rules and procedure that must be deliberated in the government. As a boxer I take pride and love of Filipinos in my shoulders. It inspires me to train hard and motivates me to win. I am your representative to mllones of people around the world that I observed in the ring. I am honored with your support. As a public servant my responsibility is even greater for people who depend on me. Where I can help more? Every day I come across such decisions. It's amazing responsibility, I have been elected by my people to be their voice, to help to improve their lives, not something that is resolved with eight weeks of training, is a life that is just beginning. It's wonderful to be world champion but it is an individual achievement that lasts forever. Public servant is the adjective that best describes me. Serving is something I can do for the good of many.