Sports Latest News Update

Pages

'I'm going to prove to Rubio I'm a true champion': Chavez Jr


Los Angeles, CA - Mexican Julio Cesar Chavez jr., Through the WBC world champion, said he does not afraid of any fighter and is ready to face Argentina's Sergio Martinez after his fight against Marco Rubio.

The son of legendary JC Chavez responded to statements made last week against Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez.

"I fear I have not one, not Sergio or any other fighter, to be in boxing it takes great courage and that is something I have more" Chavez said Carrasco, who will make the second defense of the sash half against Rubio on Feb. 4 in San Antonio, Texas.

The Junior stated that "Sergio and I did no deal, my developers are not interested in a fight against him, for now, but if they want and are very interested in my name, I make a good deal and fight when he wants."

Then he said: "I think Sergio is more interested in my name on my title when I got the opportunity to contest the championship did not matter against whom, and went against Sebastian Zbik, a fighter he refused and he won well ".

"Now I will defend my title against Marco Antonio Rubio, and win, I hope, open the door to face the remainder of 2012. First he fulfill his wish to fight me Rubio Martinez then."